WHAT IS THE PALEO DIET?
A Paleo Diet is a nutritional plan based on foods that were available to humans during the Paleolithic era.
Basically, cutting all grains from your meals makes you follow the Paleo Diet menu.
What to do to follow a Paleo diet?
In order to be able to follow a Paleo Diet, you must first eliminate two big groups of foods from your meals.
The first group is what is considered ‘Neolithic agents of disease’ or basically modern industrial junk food that contains dairy, soy, salt, refined sugar, or other additives which were not around during the Paleolithic era.
The second group eliminated during the Paleo Diet phase includes all modern grains including wheat, and rye among many others.
For people trying to lose weight, this aspect makes it even more challenging since baked goods are very tasty but definitely not something that can be eaten on the Paleo Diet menu.
What can you eat on Paleo Diet?
The first step for the Paleo diet is to begin reading the labels of what you buy at the store, not only on regular groceries but also on things like condiments and sauces.
By doing this it will be very easy to identify foods that contain grains or non-paleo oils.
For people who decide to follow a strict Paleo Diet menu, it would mean cutting out all bread, pasta, cakes, cookies, and other baked goods as well as eliminating any sauce or condiment containing vegetable oil.
The next step is to replace all the eliminated foods with Paleo Diet-approved ones.
This means that you have to eat lots of lean meat, fish, nuts, fruits, and vegetables for your daily meals.
It should be noted that grains are excluded from this diet plan even if they might appear healthy at first sight but it has been associated with some other aspects related to chronic disease so they are best not consumed at all.
Healthy choices for these kinds of food elements include flax seeds instead of wheat or rye, brown rice instead of white rice or potatoes, and lentils instead of soy.
The most important thing about the Paleo Diet is the fact that it excludes all dairy products which recent studies have associated with a higher risk of prostate cancer.
So what are the benefits of the Paleo Diet?
You can start reaping many health benefits after just a few days on the Paleo Diet menu.
- The Paleo diet is all about eating natural, unprocessed foods.
- Studies have shown that the paleo diet can help with weight loss, chronic pain relief, and more.
- One of the main benefits of a paleo diet is that it’s gluten-free – this makes it easier to avoid inflammation in the body.
- The other big benefit of a paleo diet is how easy it can be on your digestive system – you’ll notice an improvement within days.
- Eating clean has never been easier or tastier!
- Your immune system will be stronger because of the lack of processed foods.
- You’ll have more energy than before because you’re eating nutrient-dense food.
- It’s easier to eat paleo on a budget than it is with other diets since there are so many inexpensive options available at any grocery store.
- Eating paleo can improve your mental health by reducing stress and anxiety levels.
- The transition to a paleo lifestyle is much easier than people think – just take baby steps!
- Eating paleo means eating more vegetables, fruit, and nuts.
- The paleo diet is easy to follow because it’s based on the foods we should be eating anyway.
- There are many benefits of following a paleo lifestyle that goes beyond just our health.
You’ll feel better after you start eating healthier!
PALEO FOOD LIST
Provide your body with everything nutritious.
Top 8 Paleo Food sections:
Animal products are at the heart of a paleo diet and should form the basis for your daily food intake.
This includes meat in all its forms, including lamb, beef, pork, poultry, and fish.
These proteins contain a high amount of essential nutrients that help to build muscle tissue, while also providing you with enough energy to power through your workouts.
2. Green vegetables
Vegetables are important for every diet, but even more so in paleo, because they provide you with fiber, vitamins, and minerals that you need to function properly.
Eat plenty of green vegetables like spinach, kale, and broccoli, as these are all great sources of nutrients. This also includes dark leafy greens like Swiss chard and collards.
3. Nuts and seeds
Nuts and seeds will provide you with vital energy throughout the day while helping you to maintain healthy body weight.
They also contain heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, and proteins, which help fight against diseases like cancer and cardiovascular disease.
But make sure you don’t eat too many seeds, as these can be high in carbs.
As a paleo dieter, eggs should form an important part of your daily food intake. They’re super-healthy and contain just about every nutrient that you need to stay fit and healthy.
Although all types of hens’ eggs are paleo, make sure you stick to organic eggs, as these are free of harmful chemicals.
5. Fish and seafood
Fish is also an important part of a healthy, paleo diet.
The omega-3 fatty acids in fish help to improve brain function, while the protein will help build muscle tissue.
Be wary of farmed fish, though, as these contain a lot of harmful toxins. Stick to wild-caught fish and seafood instead.
Some paleo dieters say that fruit is not allowed on this particular diet plan, but we don’t think this is the case. While it’s true that fruit does contain natural sugars, it also provides your body with essential nutrients.
Choose low-sugar fruits like berries, kiwis, lemons, and limes to minimize the effects of natural sugars on insulin levels.
7. Sweet potatoes
Like vegetables, these are also an important part of any paleo plan. They’re full of antioxidants, fiber, and complex carbs that will provide you with steady energy throughout the day.
Sweet potatoes are also a great source of vitamins B6 and C while containing potassium and magnesium. Try to eat them without any sauces or toppings (baked is best).
8. Coconut oil
A paleo diet isn’t complete without virgin coconut oil. It contains medium-chain triglycerides that will help you to lose weight, while also providing you with sustained energy.
You can use it for cooking, baking, or frying. Just make sure you buy the unrefined version, as this is free of harmful chemicals.
Try out this clean eating for not only weight loss but a fit lifestyle.
Related Paleo Diet:
The Paleo Diet
8 Best Paleo Foods to Lose Weight
- Green vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Fish and seafood
- Sweet potato
- Coconut oil
- Choose 2-3 paleo foods to include in your daily diet.
- Choose different foods every week to ensure you get the nutrients from different food items.
- Enjoy a healthy lifestyle.