Keto Sausage Gravy: A Low-Carb Breakfast Delight
Sausage gravy is a staple of Southern breakfast cuisine, but it can be difficult to enjoy on a low-carbohydrate diet.
This keto sausage gravy recipe provides a delicious alternative that fits into a ketogenic diet.
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground sausage until browned and crumbled, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the sausage from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the almond flour to the skillet and stir until the paste forms.
- Gradually add the heavy cream and water to the skillet, stirring constantly to prevent clumping.
- Continue to stir the mixture until it thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Return the sausage to the skillet and add the salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Serve hot over biscuits or scrambled eggs.
- Almond flour can be substituted with coconut flour or ground flaxseeds.
- Heavy cream can be substituted with coconut cream or almond milk.
- Add in some shredded cheddar cheese for a cheesy twist on the gravy.
- Add in some chopped herbs, such as rosemary or thyme, for extra flavor.
- The gravy can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To thicken the gravy further, you can add more almond flour or let it simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- For a smoother gravy, use a blender or immersion blender to puree the mixture.
- Always use a food thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the gravy reaches 165°F. This will ensure that any potential bacteria have been destroyed.
My Take on Keto Sausage Gravy Recipe
This keto sausage gravy recipe is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional sausage gravy.
With a few simple ingredients and a quick cooking time, you can enjoy a low-carb breakfast that’s both satisfying and flavorful.
Give this recipe a try and see how it becomes a staple in your breakfast repertoire!
More Keto Gravy Recipes