It’s that time of year again when we are all thinking about New Year’s resolutions and how to get in shape.
The best way to start is by drinking lots of water.
Drinking enough water can help you feel better, sleep better, and be more energized throughout the day!
So what if you don’t like plain old H2O?
Now there are detox waters for every taste bud out there!
Detox water is very popular these days. It is made by infusing water with ingredients that are claimed to help increase your energy, relieve indigestion and make your skin look beautiful.
If you are wondering whether detox water actually works or not, the answer is – it does!
Detox water helps speed up metabolism and body cleansing.
We can add detoxifying ingredients, which will help us to cleanse our bodies by eliminating toxins.
People who are looking for effective ways to detoxify their bodies should try these homemade beverages. Detox water has the ability to flush out toxins from the body and make it healthy.
It also provides energy to the body after a tiring day.
WHAT IS DETOX WATER?
Detox water is a type of drink that has been gaining popularity lately.
It’s made up of two to three liters of water with added ingredients such as cucumbers, lemon, and ginger.
The detox water helps flush out toxins in the body by improving digestion and elimination.
Drinking detox water regularly can help you lose weight because it reduces bloating and constipation.
Fruit-infused water gives a light flavor to the water.
Fresh fruits when infused in water over a period of time with healthy herbs cleanse our body toxins.
The nutrients that are released from herbs and fruits naturally boost our metabolism and give health benefits.
HOW TO MAKE DETOX WATER?
The instruction goes for any detox water.
- Detox water is best done in large glass utensils. So, a mason jar or a 2-quart pitcher is best for this job.
- Wash your fruits and herbs, and make fruit slices whenever necessary but do not peel the fruits.
- Keep the fruits infused for 4-12 hours.
- Drink fresh detox water. Do not keep it for more than 24 hours.
- To have it chilled, you can add ice cubes before drinking.
BENEFITS OF DETOX WATER
- Detox water is a great way to detoxify your body and lose weight.
- Detox water can help you get rid of toxins from processed foods, alcohol, and caffeine.
- Detox water helps flush out your digestive system for better overall health.
- Drinking detox water can reduce bloating and improve your skin’s appearance.
- Drink detox water before bed to promote a restful sleep cycle.
- Drink detox water in the morning for an energizing start to the day.
Is detox water good for weight loss?
A good metabolism is a factor for weight loss.
Detox water refreshes our minds and boosts our metabolism.
So, in turn, it aids in weight loss.
Is detox water good for the skin?
Keep the tissues and cells hydrated which will make your skin glow.
Detox water contains many nutrients and water as its main part is surely to contribute towards glowing skin.
When should I drink detox water?
Best early in the morning.
But I find it comforting after lunch too.
If your stomach is not bloating then you can surely get rid of body toxins at any time you want.
If you are wondering what are the best detox waters, then here it is.
CLEANSING DETOX WATER TO MAKE
1. GRAPEFRUIT AND ROSEMARY
There are endless benefits to drinking this refreshing beverage including weight loss, healthy hair and skin, and increased energy levels.
Grapefruit detoxifies our body while rosemary gives a calming effect.
A few slices of grapefruit with a spring of rosemary work wonders with their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds.
This detox water particularly destresses us.
2. RASPBERRY LIME DETOX WATER
Raspberry Lime Detox Water is a refreshing, hydrating beverage.
It’s perfect for detoxifying and cleansing the body of toxins.
The raspberry and lime give it a tangy flavor that can help to curb cravings while also boosting your metabolism!
Drink this water when you want to feel less bloated and have more energy.
Raspberry induces a sweet flavor and the tanginess of the lime makes it refreshing detox water.
Fill a pitcher with a handful of raspberries and a few slices of lime and keep overnight.
A perfect summer afternoon drink.
Raspberries are a great source of vitamins and minerals like folate and Vitamin C.
3. STRAWBERRY LIME DETOX WATER
Strawberry lime detox water is high in flavor.
The micronutrients from strawberries and lime flush out the toxins from our body making it a healthy detox water option.
Strawberries and lime together are also said to improve skin tone.
This strawberry-infused lime water is a natural metabolism booster and weight loss inducer drink.
4. BLUEBERRY ORANGE DETOX WATER
Blueberry detox water is good to go. But this is just an added version to blueberry detox with some orange slices.
Make a healthy lifestyle by adding more fruits into the diet.
Take a few orange slices, preferably organic that are not waxed.
Oranges contain a high amount of Vitamin C, A, and antioxidants.
Blueberries are a source of high antioxidants and together form an energized drink to boost your metabolism.
5. BLACKBERRY MINT WATER
When I’m feeling overheated and dehydrated, there is nothing that can quench my thirst more than blackberry mint water.
This drink has just the right balance of sweet and refreshing flavors to cool me down in seconds!
A refreshing combination of blackberry with mint leaves.
A cup of blackberries with a handful of mint leaves. Pour some fresh water and let it sit for at least 2 hours.
The antioxidant component in blackberries and the fat-burning property in mint leaves make it a refreshing drink with health benefits.
Mint leaves are also said to help with depression, headaches, and memory problems.
You can try some more combinations to make detox water:
6. Cucumber, parsley, lemon, and ginger detox water:
Cucumbers, parsley, and lemons have cleansing properties that make your liver and kidney more efficient by eliminating toxins from the body.
These ingredients are rich in antioxidants too which slow down the aging process. Ginger protects the immune system of your body and reduces inflammation in blood vessels to prevent heart disease.
7. Watermelon detox water:
Watermelon is one of the most effective detoxifying agents due to its high water content, lycopene, vitamin C, and citrulline.
It acts as a diuretic in the body which helps in flushing out toxins.
8. Lemon detox water with mint:
Lemons are acidic in nature which helps to dissolve uric acid crystals present in the joints thus reducing joint pain and inflammation.
Mint leaves help detoxify the body and fight infections. Ginger is also helpful in breaking down fats thus reducing weight.
9. Fruit-infused detox water:
You can make refreshing fruit-infused detox water by mixing fruits like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
These fruits are rich in antioxidants which help to eliminate toxins from the body.
10. Detox water with grapefruit, orange, and ginger:
Grapefruits are rich in vitamin C which helps to burn fat faster. Oranges are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and minerals which keep the skin healthy by fighting free radicals.
Ginger is helpful in breaking down fats thus lowering weight.
11. Detox water with lemon, lime, cucumber, and mint:
Cucumbers are rich in silica which heals the skin.
Limes are rich in vitamin C which provides a glow to the skin.
Mint cleanses your system by eliminating toxic elements from the body while lemon is helpful in losing weight.
12. Detox water recipe with lemon and ginger:
This detox water provides you with energy to fight fatigue and weakness.
13. Apple cider vinegar, honey, and cinnamon detox water:
Apple cider vinegar helps in reducing weight, relieves stress, and removes toxins from the body.
Honey acts as a sweetener along with providing essential minerals. Cinnamon is helpful in blood sugar control and high cholesterol.
14. Green tea detox water:
Green tea is full of antioxidants and it helps to fight free radicals thus preventing the body from different types of diseases.
It also provides energy to your body after a tiring day.
15. Detox water with orange and cucumber:
Oranges are rich in vitamin C which helps to get rid of toxins from the body.
Cucumbers help to fight water retention thus allowing your skin to look fresh and healthy.
16. Pineapple detox water recipe:
Pineapples are full of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, and manganese.
Vitamin A helps in promoting healthy vision while vitamin C helps to boost immunity and manganese is good for bone health.
17. Clean detox water with lemon and ginger:
Lemon juice acts as a potent antioxidant that eliminates toxins from the body and ginger is helpful in stimulating digestion thus eliminating waste from the body.
My Take on Detox Water
Detox water is a refreshing and healthy drink that can be consumed at any time of the day.
It’s perfect for those looking to lose weight, or just live healthier lifestyles in general!
Detox water has been shown to help people feel more energized and deliver nutrients better than other beverages.
With all the benefits detox water offers, it is no wonder why it’s becoming so popular.
The refreshing detox water does not only feel fresh but has medicinal value too.
You will increase your body’s metabolism rate by choosing the right kind of fruit.
The nutrients and other benefits add up to the goodness of your health.
Detox water is an all-natural way to ease the toxins from your body.
You can easily make detox water at home with a few simple ingredients and enjoy it throughout the day.
Related Detox Water Recipes:
- Fresh Cranberry Smoothie Recipe
- 9 Keto Smoothies to Lose Weight
- 16 Delicious Keto Soup Recipes
- 9 Health Benefits of Cinnamon
17 Best Detox Water for a BODY CLEANSE
- Grapefruit and rosemary detox
- Raspberry lime detox water
- Strawberry lime detox water
- Blueberry Orange detox water
- Blackberry mint water
- Cucumber, parsley, lemon, and ginger detox water
- Watermelon detox water
- Lemon detox water with mint
- Fruit-infused detox water
- Detox water with grapefruit, orange, and ginger
- Detox water with lemon, lime, cucumber, and mint
- Detox water recipe with lemon and ginger
- Apple cider vinegar, honey, and cinnamon detox water
- Green tea detox water
- Detox water with orange and cucumber
- Pineapple detox water recipe
- Clean detox water with lemon and ginger
- Choose the detox to cleanse water.
- You can make your own detox water recipe by infusing different citrus fruits.
- Keep a clean body internally.