KETO EGGS BENEDICT
Keto Eggs Benedict is a delicious and satisfying low-carb version of the classic brunch dish.
This dish is perfect for those following a ketogenic diet, as it is high in healthy fats and protein while being low in carbohydrates.
The traditional Eggs Benedict is made with an English muffin, Canadian bacon or ham, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce.
While these ingredients are delicious, they are not suitable for a ketogenic diet.
However, with a few simple substitutions, you can enjoy all the flavors of the classic dish without the carbs.
Ingredients Substitution for Keto Egg Benedict
One of the key substitutions in a keto Eggs Benedict is the English muffin. Instead of using a traditional English muffin, you can use a low-carb alternative such as keto-friendly bread or a cauliflower-based “muffin”.
These alternatives are not only low in carbohydrates but also provide additional fiber and nutrients, making them a healthier option.
Another substitution in a keto Eggs Benedict is the Canadian bacon or ham.
These meats are high in protein, but also contain added sugars and preservatives.
Instead, you can use high-quality, sugar-free bacon or ham, or even a slice of cooked, seasoned chicken or turkey breast.
The poached eggs in a keto Eggs Benedict can remain unchanged, as they are a great source of protein and healthy fats.
However, the hollandaise sauce is typically high in carbohydrates and should be replaced with a keto-friendly alternative.
One option is to make a sauce using cream cheese, butter, and lemon juice. Another option is to use a pre-made keto hollandaise sauce, which can be found at most health food stores.
To assemble your keto Eggs Benedict, first, toast the bread or cauliflower muffin.
Then, add a slice of bacon or ham or a piece of cooked chicken or turkey breast.
Next, place a poached egg on top of the meat. Finally, top the dish with the keto hollandaise sauce.
Keto Eggs Benedict Recipe
- 4 slices of Canadian bacon or bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the Canadian bacon or bacon on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Fill a medium saucepan with about 2 inches of water and bring to a simmer. Add the white vinegar to the water.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and gently slide it into the simmering water. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Cook the eggs for about 2-3 minutes, or until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs from the water and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the heavy cream, salt, and pepper, and whisk until well combined. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken.
- To assemble the eggs benedict, place a slice of Canadian bacon or bacon on each plate. Top each slice with a poached egg and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Garnish with chopped fresh chives, if desired. Serve immediately.
- You can replace Canadian bacon or bacon with smoked salmon or cooked ham for a different flavor.
- You can also add some chopped fresh herbs like parsley or tarragon to the sauce for extra flavor.
- If you are not a fan of runny yolks, you can poach the eggs for longer to cook the yolks more.
Not only is this dish delicious and satisfying, but it is also a great source of healthy fats and protein.
The keto-friendly substitutions make it a great option for those following a ketogenic diet, as well as for anyone looking for a delicious, low-carb brunch option.
In addition to being delicious, keto Eggs Benedict is also very easy to make at home. With a few simple substitutions, you can enjoy all the flavors of the classic dish without the carbs.
So, next time you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying brunch option, give keto Eggs Benedict a try. Your taste buds (and waistline) will thank you!
My Take on Keto Eggs Benedict
Keto eggs benedict is a delicious and satisfying low-carb version of the classic brunch dish.
By using keto-friendly substitutions for English muffins, Canadian bacon, or ham and hollandaise sauce, you can enjoy all the flavors of the classic dish without the carbs.
This dish is perfect for those following a ketogenic diet and it is also very easy to make at home.
It is a great source of healthy fats and protein, making it a perfect brunch option.
So, next time you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying brunch option, give keto Eggs Benedict a try.
Related Keto Breakfasts: