Lupin Flour Pancakes: A Delicious and Nutritious Breakfast Option
Pancakes are a classic breakfast food loved by people of all ages.
But, traditional pancakes made with wheat flour can be high in carbohydrates and low in protein, making them an unhealthy option for those who are following a low-carb or high-protein diet.
This is where lupin flour comes in!
Lupin flour is a gluten-free and high-protein alternative to wheat flour that makes delicious and nutritious pancakes.
What is Lupin Flour?
It is naturally gluten-free and high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats, making it a great choice for those on a gluten-free or low-carb diet.
Lupin flour is also low in carbohydrates and has a unique flavor and texture that make it a great alternative to wheat flour in many recipes.
- 1 cup lupin flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lupin flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the almond milk and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and ladle a quarter cup of batter onto the pan for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, then flip and cook for another minute or until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as syrup, fresh fruit, or nut butter.
- Almond milk can be substituted with any other non-dairy milk or dairy milk of your choice.
- Eggs can be substituted with a flax egg for a vegan option.
- Add your favorite spices or flavors to the batter, such as cinnamon, vanilla extract, or cocoa powder.
- Mix in fresh or frozen fruit, such as blueberries or raspberries, into the batter.
- Large mixing bowl
- Non-stick pan
- These pancakes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- They can also be frozen and reheated in the microwave or oven.
- For the best results, let the batter sit for 5 minutes before cooking to allow the baking powder to activate.
- Always make sure to store the batter and cooked pancakes in the refrigerator to prevent bacteria growth.
My Take on Lupin Flour Pancakes:
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious lupin flour pancakes!
These pancakes are a great way to start your day with a high-protein and low-carb breakfast that will keep you feeling full and satisfied until lunch.
Lupin flour is also a great source of fiber, which can help promote digestive health and maintain a feeling of fullness.
With a gluten-free and high-protein alternative to wheat flour, lupin flour is a great way to start your day feeling full and satisfied.
So, why not try this recipe today and see for yourself why lupin flour pancakes are a breakfast option that’s too good to pass up?
Related Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Gorgeous Morning Glory Muffin Recipe
- Oats Banana Pancake: Nothing more, nothing less
- Ultra-moist Blueberry Banana Muffins